Symmetry Media is a creative film and digital production company specialising in branded content. We work with BIG ideas, complex briefs and dynamic schedules to develop smart, engaging content for great brands and agencies.
We are seeking a Production Office Assistant / Junior Producer to join our Ultimo office.
This is an early career position ideal for aspiring producers with at least 6 months of production experience.
The position will be a full-time permanent role after a paid 12-week trial.
Who we are:
We produce commercials, branded content, corporate films and animations for brands and businesses including Intel, Toshiba, Campari, Cochlear, Iris Worldwide, ING Direct, The Royals, Neutrogena and Johnson & Johnson. We’ve filmed in over 20 countries and also have two features in development with ScreenACT.
Our Production Office Assistant / Junior Producer will provide production support to our in-house team and freelance staff, ensuring that all production runs smoothly, meets deadlines, stays within budget and exceeds client expectations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Writing budgets and quotations for new projects
- Writing schedules for projects in pre, production and post
- Managing in-house team and freelance crew calendars
- Source and book talent, locations, crew, equipment and resources for jobs
- Assisting with travel arrangements and logistics for production crew
- Assistance in producing Call sheets and other production documents
- Client liaison; coordinating shoots as well as post production reviews and securing clear and timely feedback
- Ensuring all shoots meet legal requirements and compliance
- Financial accounts management, reconciling day-to-day account transactions
- General administrative duties, answering phones and communications
- General day-to-day office upkeep and maintenance
- Assisting Executive Producer and team with tasks as required
The ideal candidate:
- At least 6 months experience in a video production, advertising or content production agency
- A brilliant juggler and fast learner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, organised and friendly
- A valid unrestricted drivers license
- A clean criminal/travel record for filming overseas & working with children
Please include in your application:
- A CV and cover letter summarising your experience, skills, education, all your software and equipment competencies, and two phone references.
Salary range will be around $45,000 + super depending on experience.
Please send your applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Applications close 5pm Wednesday 26th April 2017.
No applications will be accepted after this time.
This role is only open to those with the legal right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.