Do you have a 'way with words' that can help us to reach our goal of improving aboriginal health, which will consequently help to save lives?
The Mai Wiru Sugar Challenge Foundation is a non-profit organisation that was created by Founding Director and filmmaker, Damon Gameau. In Damon’s award-winning ‘That Sugar Film’ (highest grossing documentary in Australia), there is a section dedicated to sharing the sad truth about the lack of nutrition and consequent early deaths that are prevalent in central Australia’s APY Land indigenous communities.
Our Foundation is raising funds to support upcoming projects in order to educate and improve the health of these community members.
Purpose of Role:
The Funding Submission Writer collaborates closely with the CEO to secure new funding and maximise the Foundation’s capacity to provide ongoing community-driven nutrition programs.
• Research potential grants and other suitable funding opportunities, identifying requirements,
• Write and prepare grant/funding proposal applications, prepare supporting documents and prepare grant acquittals,
• Other related duties as delegated.
Successful grant application experience preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• Documented grant seeking/grant writing experience
• Strong research skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position would require approximately 10 hours per week, in line with funding opportunity deadlines, and is working from home.
Please address each point in your application:
• Please give details of how you have been involved with grant/funding submission writing, including outlines of successful grant applications
• How many hours can you assign to this position throughout the week?